I LOVE checking others' blogs. I am a social person and apparently I love to find out what is going on in the lives of others. Jay always teases me that I am a "people watcher" too, I never like to sit in the front row of anything because I don't have "people" to observe. I didn't realize how much of this I did until I married Jay, who points it out all the time and teases me about my "strategic positioning" in public places. (Don't worry it isn't voyeuristic observing, I just like to watch people interact... part of the Sociologist in me).
Well, apparently all the stalking, I mean observing has had a seriously negative impact on my self-esteem. I have never thought of myself as boring but when I check others' blogs, I feel like shiz. I am not writing a book (I suck at even writing stories on my blog, can't make them entertaining like others can), or making an amazing quilt, or teaching my 3-year old to snow board, or making super cute aprons, training for a triathlon, or winning basketball championships, or making wedding cakes or a fun "crafty" website full of SUPER cute ideas, or making farewell music videos in memory of my husbands hair. SERIOUSLY LADIES! Why can't you just stick to making and raising babies and make me feel normal?!
Anyway, I don't think I am boring until I see what others are doing with their life... SO, I am asking for help. What can I do to make my life not boring (or at least not appear boring)?! Please give me some suggestions, I must be in a rut... I even looked for pictures to prove that I am not boring, but could hardly find any. Bummer.
Disclaimer: I don't think I am boring, but in relation to others I am apparently VERY boring, and Jay says I am not boring, and Kennedy says: "You are having a baby boy."... and I have made 2 quilts, just had to add that to make myself feel a little good; I am seriously in tears now... remember, that is my emotion, so don't feel too sorry for me!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
I love that you said shiz! Anyways, I feel the same way all the time. I feel like keeping up with my kids is all I can do right now. I think we are too hard on ourselves. We are good moms and that is the most important thing.
AND, your the damn ward librarian!
Your hobby is being an awesome mom and everyone who has these awesome hobbies and talents are just trying to avoid focusing on being mom's.
oh kira! I think you are totally over analyzing, I actually was thinking while you were telling me of your own wedding business today I need to get off my trash and figure something out like that too haha. You juggle tons and are far from boring, I think you are hilarious and a great friend and mom! Don't let those crazy preggo emotions get the best of you, you are awesome!
**sorry so long!***I think you need to realize that 99% of what people put on their blog is the good stuff and stuff that will make them or their kids look good. It isn't their entire life. You are NOT boring at all. Honestly, you are one of the most interesting people I know. You have a job and 3 kids practically and you take them to do cool stuff all the time. You are a great mom. I know you didn't write this so we would tell you this stuff, but I think you need to hear it. I look up to you all the time! I love to see what you've been doing or the interesting stuff you put on your blog. I read it faithfully. I check it every day even if you didn't post anything just to reread the funny stuff you write. I think I know how you feel though. I try to think of my life in interesting blog posts and I've felt the same self-worth problems. It seems people are always doing better or more and it is hard to keep up. I just want you to realize that people feel that way about you. I know that I look up to you!! So don't feel down. I think you're fabulous!
You just need to check more blogs like mine, then you'll feel better!
I love reading your blog Kira! I think it's way cute, and honestly, I think I enjoy reading about stuff you post, cute things kids say and all, more than anything else! Don't think you're life is boring, you're so fun to be around and you have the cutest kids!
Can I just say that i totally stalk your blog...and yes, that may be in a creepy way. Anyway, i don't think you are boring at all, just the opposite. In fact, i am always reading things you do with your kids and I think, Dang I am such a bad mom, I need to do more stuff like that. In fact, Thanksgiving point should be giving you a free membership because after I read that you take your kids there, I had to totally jump on that.
P.s. I think people who write books do it because their lives are not exciting enough so they have to make it up.
hahahaha...that would be me.
Oh, and SHIZ rocks.
You are a fun person and always so positive. Let me tell you that a boring life is good. I wish mine was a lot less dramatic! Enjoy the happy times with your family and don't worry about everyone else! Do what makes you happy.
I love reading your blog...because you aren't boring. On my blogroll it shows when your blog is updated and I always check it when it is. Others I just pass over cause they to me ARE boring!! You totally crack me up and girl you are amazing!! You are such a fun mom!! I too wish I did half the stuff you do!! You are always doing something fun with the kids. I need to just get off my lazy boring butt and do more with my kids! I'm with Erin, every time I see you talking about going to Thanksgiving Point I keep thinking I need to get a membership..in fact I think I will be this summer!! You are such a sweet person and I am glad I know you!!
You are not boring! I always read your blog! ;)
Mine is a little boring right now, but that is cuz I don't go many places or do anything exciting cuz I just had a baby.
I can't believe out of all people you would be the one writing something like this. You are some one that I look up to in hopes that some day I will be like!
Kira, you need to stop right now and realize that others probebly really like reading your blog. As for me and my blog, I am always posting pictures of my little man, I bet there are some people who think- oh more baby pictures. But, I really don't care , i am just a really proud mother that could write even more about my bab and being a mom. You gotta just realize that blogs can be used as journal enteries , so just write as if you were writing in your journal, but edit it cause you don't want the world to know some things. I really think you gotta go back and read some of your postings, they are entertaining and fun to read. So take a breath and just have fun again blogging and who cares if others are born to write good blogs. Have fun being a mom and I was glad you posted this, cause I think all of us may feel like we are more boring than the other person. Oh well. Hope your doing better and how about you post how your little baby is growing in your tummy and how you are feeling- besides feeling like you are boring. Good luck and I wish you the best with your pregnancy.
Well if you think that you are boring then you haven't checked out my blog lately! You exhaust me. I know you were probaly having an emotional day when you wrote this, but dude, you just made me feel extremely boring. ;)jk I love you Kira- you make me laugh!
i know this is an old post but we just got home from doing something "not boring" he he anyways
i aften very often feel the same way or that others have perfect kids etc etc but the truth is you have to step back most people only tell you the happy exciteing things in their live nobody posts or talks about the pile of laundry , but i might.. So in turn we see all the good fun stuff not the normal day to day "boring" things.
Plus i always feel so bad when i talk about/post about negative things i think people will think i am a downer all the time or soemthing. so you are so normal.
Post a Comment