Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pregnancy...

I always seem to forget how each pregnancy is different from the next and since this will be my last pregnancy (pretty sure, anyway) I want to remember how it was. (I actually really enjoy being pregnant, most of the time, and am a bit sad to think that in 10 weeks it will all be over.)
- This baby is crazy active, and super strong. My other two would kick a lot but would stop after a few minutes it seemed. This one kicks for hours and WAY hard, so hard that it actually hurts me. The fun part is the kids are able to feel the baby a lot.
- He responds to sugar like crazy. I've heard that for babies sugar is more like a sedative, but not for this little guy. He goes nuts within a couple of minutes after I eat a sugary treat.
- Stubborn! He won't ever roll over... this has resulted in four ultrasounds. The tech could never get him off his belly enough to get good pictures of the heart. The last time I went to the doctor I had to roll onto my left side, then quickly back onto my back over and over again, so they could "get him" before he rolled back over. The pictures are really funny. It's hilarious... typical 3rd child I guess.
- He is smaller! This is good news for me. My other two measured big every time I had an ultrasound, and were born big. This baby is measuring a few days behind my due date (which makes me happy... delivering the 10 1/2 lb. baby was easy, but I don't want to do it again cause of the whole collar bone thing; Hunter's almost broke.)
- He reclines on my back. Yeah, so that pain went away for a few weeks, but it has made a noticeable return. I am thinking it will just worsen as my pregnancy goes on, but has to end sometime, right?
- We love him! We knew we wanted this baby and are so happy he is coming! He has already brought a new closeness to our family through the excitement and preparation of his arrival. I am a bit nervous to have my third, and since he is the same gender as Hunter I wonder if I can love him the same as my other two (who are SO uniquely different from one-another.) I don't want cookie-cutter kiddos, but I wonder how he can have his own personality when the others have such defined personalities. (Steph, I know you at least know what I am talking about.) But we know he is supposed to be in our family.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Our third child is probably the most easy-going of the bunch. Probably because he was a surprise, so he knows he has to be extra good!

Guess what.... we're coming to Utah! We'll be there end of May, beginning of June. We'd love to get together with you guys if it's at all possible. Maybe if we pencil you in early it'll actually happen this time!! :)

bladenfamily said...

I am excited to meet him. He'll fit in and you won't remember what it was like without him. I don't envy you for the next 2 1/2 months though! That was the hardest part for me!!

Rochelle said...

P.S. Our trip is a surprise... so don't mention it on my blog in case my family sees your comment. We're just going to show up on their doorstep! :)

Kristin said...

I love that you are so positive amidst your pain! Pregnancy is wonderful as it is painful!

Tristan said...

This last pregnancy was probably my most enjoyable. He was more active and kicked way harder than the girls too!

I can't believe you are due in 10 weeks!!