My point is simple. Kira, you are an amazing person. You and I always say we couldn't survive without eachother. If one of us died we wouldn't survive without eachother, not because it would just be way too hard and sad, but basic everyday survival skills would definitely not exist. For example, how would I ever do our families budget without running our finances into the toilet. You accomplish so much in one day, it's mind-boggling. To have to be an at-home mother who: wakes up early, gets herself ready, then (if the kids haven't waken up yet) will have time to sit down with her husband to eat breakfast, then to take care of the kids: bath, dress, feed them. Then to continue the day with working from home while juggling everything else that occurs in the home like cleaning, laundry, cooking, washing dishes. Then you have your awesome venture of the wedding business. While handling all of the above you are answering calls from brides, planning weddings, getting invoices and orders in the mail or through the fax machine, all while you are trying to keep the house in order and clean, running Kennedy to and from preschool, and then there's the picking up after HD everytime he makes a mess. Going to the store with the kids, now there's a whole new feat to conquer, if it were me, I'd probably get a babysitter while I would go to the store. Then it's trying to think of what it in the world to do for dinner to make your husband happy when he gets home from work. I know what you go through each day, trying to juggle everything that you do.
What I'm trying to say (because I apparently have a lot to say right now) is that You Are Amazing! Not Boring, I wish that more people could see what you do each day, then maybe they could appreciate what it takes to truly take care of a family. You have been asking me to help you identify some things that make you not boring, well here it is:
1. You have the ability to love, love everyone (a very important Christ-like attribute)
2. Look at HD, what has he accomplished in the past 2 years of his life? He has come a very long way, you can't say you had a big part in his accomplishments. Not every mother loves like you do. You never did give up on him, think of all the 'not so boring' ways Hunter expresses himself.
3. Our Kennedy, she is so smart and has always been so smart, you know she gets this from you not me.
4. Your Business-Minded way of you is thriving. You take a bad, or not so good situation, and can always turn it around to a positive one. I love that in you, because it helps me celebrate what is right with the world.
5. It's your testimony of Jesus Christ, your love for all people, your ability to communicate with people, your love of sunsets, jokes, and chocolate-chip cookies, your love of family, camping, fishing, doing anything outdoors (even though we don't necessarily like to do yard work), your love of friends (whether that is having girl's night out, or scrapbooking until 1:45am), your love of caring for our kids, helping our kids understand, your love of having family home evening, and reading the scriptures, and praying, it's your love of helping me be a better person by reminding me of the small and simple things of life like being calm, less harsh, and loud around the kids. It's your nack of being time-oriented and checking things off any list (and writing things on the list that are already completed just so you can check them off), it's your ability to have an idea in your head and seeing that that idea happens, it's your vision of what family means to you, it's your kind, thoughtful way of sharing your love with me by buying my favorite candy bar at the store, or sending me a little love note in my lunch, or giving me a back scratch or a foot rub after a hard days work at the ranch. It's your way of being who YOU are, not someone else, and I wouldn't want you in any other way.
Kira, I love you. I will never forget when we began dating, the feelings I felt, the fun we have had, the great things we experienced. Those things are only the foundation of a great edifice of what our lives are now. I am so lucky to have YOU. You truly make my life a wonderful treat, and I hope that you can take these words and cherish them and continue to be the great person that you are. I'm truly blessed to have you as my eternal companion, thanks. I love you.





4 comments:
AWW...cutest thing ever. You guys are lucky!
Wow! Jay maybe you should write on your blog more often. Kira I think you are a great person and you have 2 happy and healthy kids to show for it.
What a sweet husband you have!!
you guys are so made for each other.
Post a Comment